- 4 eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup green onions, chopped
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼ Cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (like an English Cheddar)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread the potatoes out over a half sheet rimmed baking sheet. For reference, see http://www.loavesanddishes.net/roasted-garlic-rosemary-sweet-potatoes/ (use the same instructions – just leave off the rosemary and garlic). Mix with 2 tbs of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper. Using hands mix well and spread out the potatoes so that they are not touching each other. Bake for 30-35 minutes until fork tender and browned.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the red onions, bell peppers, green onions and garlic and sauté until tnder and lightly golden – about 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Portion out hashbrowns between ramikens. Make a nest indentation in the top of each ramiken filled with hashbrowns. Sprinkle grated sharp cheddar over the top of each ramiken. Crack an egg over each nested out spot. Bake at 425 for 5-6 minutes. If the hashbrowns have been refridgerated, bake until each yolk is set and white has turned white!
- If you have leftovers from the Easy Sweet Potato Hashbrowns from the previous post – this recipe only takes the time involved in baking this – however, for the recipe totals I am assuming making this from scratch.
Leave a Reply