- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- red & yellow bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 24 button mushrooms, whole
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- green onions
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 24 cubes fresh or canned pineapple
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (reserved from can)
- 2 pounds ribeye steaks, trimmed of fat & cut into 24 chunks
- 24 large shrimp, peeled, deveined & tail on
- 1 cup soy sauce
- Place cut meat & vegetables in Ziploc bag and pour half of marinade over them. Seal tight and roll bag in hands to thoroughly coat ingredients. Place bag in refrigerator and let marinate at least 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to grill, pour off excess marinade and string meat and veggies alternately on skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and grill kabobs directly over coals or gas flame. Grill for about 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, baste kabobs with glaze and close grill and let caramelize.
- Marinade & Glaze
- Combine marinade and pour off half into a small saucepan. Pour the remaining half over meet and vegetables in Ziploc bag.
- For glaze: Cook glaze over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce mixture by 1/3 to 1/2 or until glaze coats the back of a spoon.
Leave a Reply