- 600 g pumpkin, cleaned
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 120 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 120 g mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 Tbs parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Chop pumpkin using a food processor until rice-like.
- Sauté pumpkin in hot olive oil for 3 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Mix feta and mozzarella; add, one at a time, eggs. Mix and combine.
- Add pumpkin and spices, mix well until well blended.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the greased muffin tin molds. Press pizza dough down evenly and firmly (the pressing down firmly is very important to make sure they stick together).
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes at 200˚C.
- Remove the pizza bites from the oven and let set until cool (this is also very important – let the pizza bites set in their pan for 5 – 10 minutes before removing – if you take them out while they are too hot they will break).
Leave a Reply