- 1 whole avocado (skin and seed removed)
- 4 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups baby kale (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ cup onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp crushed pepper
- 2 whole persimmons (skin seeds removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Roughly chop the persimmons and keep it aside (let the skin be on)
- In a nonstick sauce pan heat oil over medium flame.
- Add garlic and onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add persimmons and sauté again for 2 minutes.
- Add kale and cook for 1 minute or till the point kale starts getting soft.
- Add vegetable stock, mix, cover and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool for a while.
- When cooled blend it smooth in a blender.
- Pour the soup again in the sauce pan and turn on the flame.
- As soon as the soup starts to boil add salt, crushed pepper and oregano.
- Mix well and cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame. In a bowl roughly mash the avocado with hands.
- Just before serving add the mashed avocado and mix again.
- Garnish with more fresh persimmons if desired and serve warm with your favorite crackers.
Leave a Reply