Parmesan garlic roasted potatoes have a crispy edge and tender center. Their mouthwatering parmesan garlic flavor makes them the perfect side!
You can’t go wrong with a good potato side dish. If you love parmesan potatoes, try these potato wedges, pesto parmesan crispy potatoes or parmesan garlic potato foil packets.
Oven Roasted Parmesan Garlic Potatoes Recipe
I love to roast my veggies in the oven because they get a nice crisp edge and a tender center. Plus, we love, love, love the parmesan garlic flavor combination at our house and it made these potatoes fantastic! I was able to put them right in the oven and they were ready in about 15 minutes. They were the perfect complement to our dinner!
You can’t go wrong with cheese and garlic. And the crispy exterior of these roasted parmesan garlic potatoes makes them absolutely irresistible! It’s the perfect hearty dinner side that your family will go crazy over. And if you’re needing more parmesan garlic goodness in your life, you should definitely try out parmesan garlic wings and parmesan garlic shrimp pasta next! It’s a winning flavor combination!
What You Need to Make Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
This is honestly one of my favorite side dishes because it uses so many simple ingredients. As long as you have potatoes and parmesan, your spice rack has the rest! Find measurements for each of the ingredients listed below in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Red Potatoes: I used red potatoes because they have the perfect little size and texture. They also take less time to cook! However, you can use other potato types as well. Find substitutes in my tips section below!
- Olive Oil: Helps to cook the outside of the potatoes so they get nice and crispy!
- Parmesan Cheese: Adds that perfect sharp, cheesy flavor. It also has the best texture when it’s baked.
- Garlic: Minced garlic adds the perfect savory flavor that makes these potatoes irresistible!
- Oregano: Commonly found in Italian cooking, this aromatic herb adds the perfect boost of flavor!
- Salt and Pepper: Add both to enhance the overall flavor of this dish.
- Chopped Parsley: I used this as a garnish for a little extra peppery flavor.
Let’s Roast These Potatoes!
Parmesan garlic roasted potatoes are beyond easy to make. Simply toss all of the ingredients together and then bake! It’s super hands-off, leaving you time to finish other parts of dinner or just go watch an episode of your favorite Netflix show!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Pan: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss: In a large bowl, add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, and oregano. Toss with the potatoes until coated and lay in a single layer on your baking sheet. Salt and pepper to taste. I also like to sprinkle additional parmesan on top.
- Roast: Next, roast for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
A Reader’s Review
Tips and Easy Substitutions
This easy potato side dish is perfect for customizing! I’ve listed a few tips and substitutes below to get you started!
- Do I Have to Use Red Potatoes? You don’t! This method will work with any potatoes, I just prefer the sweet, soft texture of red potatoes. Plus, I love how crispy the skin gets! Yukon, russet, white, and baby potatoes all work as well! Keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the size and texture of the potatoes you use.
- Make Sure Your Oven is Hot Enough: The key to crispy potatoes is a HOT oven. If you roast them at a low temperature, it will take too long for the exterior to brown, and the inside will get mushy. Also, it’s important that you use a large sheet pan. You really don’t want any of the potatoes touching during the cooking process. If they do, you risk steaming the potatoes, instead of roasting them, and you won’t get the super crispy exterior we all love!
- Different Cheeses: Swap out parmesan for asiago, pecorino, or romano.
- Using a Different Cooking Oil: If you don’t have olive oil, canola or peanut oil work well, too.
- Keep it Crispy: Soaking your raw potato wedges in hot water for 10 minutes before baking helps give the wedges more of a crispy outside.
Storing Leftover Parmesan Garlic Potatoes
Have leftovers of this delicious side? Here’s how to keep them tasting crispy and fresh.
- In the Refrigerator: Store your leftover potato wedges in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: In order to keep your parmesan garlic roasted potatoes crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, I recommend reheating either in the oven or air fryer. In the oven, spread leftover potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In the air fryer, arrange a layer of potatoes in the basket, making sure that there is sufficient airflow. Reheat for 2-3 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds red potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, and oregano. Toss with the potatoes until coated and lay in a single layer on your baking sheet. Salt and pepper to taste. I also like to sprinkle additional parmesan on top.
Roast for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
Updated April 14, 2022
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply