This orange creamsicle salad is creamy and insanely delicious! It is a refreshing side for any occasion and is something that everyone will go crazy over!
I love a delicious salad, and you can’t beat it when you have creamy fluff and marshmallows involved! Try similar salads like this strawberry cheesecake salad, this best-ever ambrosia salad or this delicious Oreo fluff dessert salad.
Orange Creamsicle Salad Recipe
Get ready for your tastebuds to experience the most delicious jello salad! I know, I know. This salad has no greens, and really, the only healthy thing in it is the mandating oranges but hear me out! The fluffy, creamy base made with cool whip, pudding, and jello is actual heaven. Once that is mixed together, and the mandarin oranges and mini marshmallows are added… Well… Let’s just say that you will be hooked!
I actually love salads like these, especially during the summer months! They go so well at potlucks and BBQs and everyone will gobble it right up. Plus, since you have to chill it before serving, it’s a great recipe to make ahead of time. I will sometimes make it the night before so that I can just grab it and go when I need it. It’s absolutely delicious. You must try it!
Ingredients in Orange Creamsicle Salad
This short list of ingredients mixes together to be such a great side dish! Check out the list of ingredients at the bottom of the post for exact measurements! I can’t wait for you to try it.
- Orange Jell-O: This is what gives off that overall orange flavor.
- Water: You will mix the water in with the orange jello.
- Vanilla Pudding: The pudding adds a sweet flavor to balance out the tangy jello.
- Cream Cheese: Leave your cream cheese out on the counter for a few minutes before you mix it in so that it can come to room temperature. It will combine better with the other ingredients if it’s soft!
- Cool Whip: The whipped topping is the base of the salad and is so delicious!
- Mini Marshmallows: Use as many of these as you want, they are my kids favorite part!
- Mandarin Oranges: Make sure that you drain the liquid from the cans of oranges. If you don’t then the base will be runny.
How to Make Orange Creamsicle Salad
You can whip these ingredients into this fluff salad in less than 10 minutes! Just make sure that you make time to chill it in your fridge so that it can be set up before serving.
- Mix Jello and Water: In a large bowl combine the jello powder and boiling water. Whisk it together. Then, add the cold water and stir it in.
- Cool: Put it in the fridge to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add pudding: Take the salad out of the fridge and stir in the pudding powder. Then, refrigerate it for another 20 minutes until it sets.
- Combine: Add in the cream cheese and cool whip and stir to combine.
- Stir: Then fold in the marshmallows and mandarin oranges.
- Chill: Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve chilled.
If you are like me, I want to make this orange creamsicle salad all the time! But my kids like it when I change things up. Here are a few ideas on how you can mix this salad up to keep it new and fresh every time!
- Flavor: This doesn’t have to be orange flavored! Try using raspberry, cherry, strawberry or even pineapple jello! Then, use that same fresh fruit in it to amplify the delicious taste.
- Marshmallows: My kids love anything that is rainbow colored so sometimes we mix it up and use the rainbow mini marshmallows instead!
- Nuts: If you want to add in a little bit of texture, try adding in some chopped pecans or walnuts.
How to Store Leftovers
This orange creamsicle salad makes perfect leftovers because it tastes best after it’s chilled anyways! Place any leftover salad in an airtight container and store it in your refrigerator. It will last about 3-4 days. Give it a good stir before you serve it!
Orange Creamsicle Salad
- 3 ounces Orange Jell-O
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 3.4 ounces Vanilla Pudding
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- (1) 8 ounce Container Cool Whip
- 2 1/2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- (2) 11 ounce Cans Mandarin Oranges (drained)
In a large bowl add the jello powder and boiling water. Whisk it together. Then, add the cold water and stir it in.
Put it in the fridge to cool for about 20 minutes.
Stir in the pudding powder and refrigerate for another 20 minutes until it sets.
Add in the cream cheese and cool whip and stir to combine.
Then stir in the marshmallows and mandarin oranges.
Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve chilled.
The Recipe Critic
Leave a Reply