- 3 cups cubed chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Marinate chicken with lime, cumin, chile powder, seasoned salt, garlic powder and olive oil for 30 minutes.
- Cook chicken in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl add beans, red pepper, tomato, and onion.
- Add to chicken to the bowl and stir ingredients together. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- When ready to serve cut avocado into thin slices.
- Fill each lettuce cup with mixture and top with avocado slice.
Leave a Reply