- 4 cups sliced leeks, white part only
- 4 cups diced potatoes, new or baking potatoes recommended
- 6 to 7 cups water
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup or more sour cream, heavy cream, or crème fraîche, optional
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives or parsley, minced
- Bring the leeks, potatoes and water to the boil in the saucepan. Salt lightly, cover partially, and simmer 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Purée the soup if you wish. Taste, and correct seasoning.
- After chilling the soup, you may wish to stir in a little more cream. Taste carefully again, and correct the seasoning.
- Top each serving with a sprinkle of chives or parsley and a drizzle or dollop of crème fraîche.
Leave a Reply