- 60 jumbo chicken wings split with wing tips removed
- 1/4 cup pasilla chile powder
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons jamaican ground allspice
- 1 bottle Pickapeppa Sauce (available at most supermarkets)
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 5 or more dashes Tabasco sauce (depending how hot you like it!)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- carrot sticks and celery sticks
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Split wings apart into 2 sections and slash a slit in the flat part of the wing for quicker cooking.
- Combine chile powder, salt, black pepper, cayenne, and allspice in a bowl and sprinkle liberally over the wings (you don't need to use all of it). Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine Pickapeppa sauce, butter, honey, Tabasco, and pepper flakes in a medium saucepan over low heat until it is well incorporated.
- Let wings come to room temperature.
- Prepare grill for medium high direct heat. Grill dry rubbed wings for 20-25 mins, constantly turning the wings with tongs to maintain good grill marks without over-charing the wings. Take the biggest wing after 20 mins and take a bite out of it, and if the juices run clear, they are done. Place wings in a large bowl and toss with the jerk sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and carrots.
Leave a Reply