- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups butternut squash (approx. 3 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Curry powder to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Garnish: toasted pepitas, caramelized shallots or garlic cro
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add onion and celery; cook over low heat covered 10 minutes or until limp. Add squash, carrots, parsnips, thyme and curry powder. Cover saucepan and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken stock and dry white wine and simmer 20 to 30 minutes. Purée soup in food processor until smooth. Return to saucepan and add cream, salt, and pepper.
- Ladle soup into warmed serving bowls and garnish with toasted pepitas, caramelized shallots or garlic croutons.
Leave a Reply