- 15 ounces can of chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- needles removed from 2 springs of fresh rosemary and chopped
- 28 ounces can of diced tomatoes (I used Muir brand)
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 1/4 cups of vegetable stock
- In a large sauce pot, heat the olive oil on medium heat and add the chopped rosemary and garlic, letting it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the can of chickpeas, rinse and set aside.
- Add the can of tomatoes, salt, sugar, a bit of pepper, paprika, and half the can of chickpeas to the pot. Pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer with a lid partly covering the pot, for about 20- 25 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender, or use an immersion blender. Then, pour it back into the pot and add the remaining chickpeas.
Leave a Reply