- 1/4 cup of agave nectar, I use raw and organic
- 1 cup of organic applesauce
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 3 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons of chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of organic vanilla extract
- 2 cups of organic whole oat flour
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in a bowl except carrots and ginger and mix well.
- Gently add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just blended. Be careful not to over-mix because this will result in hard muffins.
- Once the wet and dry ingredients are blended, gently fold in carrots and ginger until spread throughout.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray and add mixture to 2/3 of the cup.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool in tins for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Serve immediately with smart balance or low fat cream cheese for a warm delicious breakfast or afternoon snack! Enjoy!!
Leave a Reply