- 1/2 gram kg or 500 pork belly cut into large cubes
- 1/2 gram kg or 500 pork butt shoulder cut into large cubes
- 1 whole head garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 pieces bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons tausi or fermented black beans
- 1 cup whole peanuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups water
- some Fried Bananas
- In a bowl, combine these ingredients:meat,garlic,vinegar,brown sugar,soy sauce and rice wine.Marinate for about 30 minutes.Set aside in the fridge.
- After 30 minutes, transfer to a sauce pan and add: water,black beans and peanuts.
- Cover and bring to a boil, once its boils, turn the heat to a simmering mode and add the rest of the ingredients: bay leaf,star anise,oregano,paprika and olive oil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until the sauce thickens.
- You can add fried bananas five minutes before turning off the heat or serve it separately.
Leave a Reply